Data Center/Systems Administrator
Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Contract
Position Title: Data Center/Systems Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Rio Rancho, NM.
Key responsibilities include performing general server administration tasks, monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability, operational workflow development, and managing enhancements/upgrades and providing - Various levels of support. Develops and maintain system documentation for Lab/Data Center configuration and customizations.
Lead Technical efforts for software upgrade, patch updates, data migration, for server software. Apply configuration and tuning standards in accordance with Linux recommendations and client requirements. Develop and maintain system documentation for server/software configuration and customizations. Conduct system performance analysis and performance improvements in collaboration with Architects, Engineers and Network Engineer to insure system efficiency.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with Linux server administration.
- Strong Linux skills, LDAP experience required.
- Expertise in administration of HPC cluster, Lustre, OpenStack cloud, NFV, Big Data hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer diagnostics and installation, to include hardware/software troubleshooting and networking
- Demonstrated experience working with infrastructure related components such as running network cables, installing servers in equipment racks
- Familiarity with the operation and configuration of networking protocols, network interface card installation, switches, routers and similar components
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Must be capable of lifting 1U and 2U rack mounted servers up to 35 pounds and familiar with the use of Rack Jacks and general data center safety procedures
- Follow written and/or - Verbal instructions for custom operating system and application installs
- Maintaining and auditing lab assets and routine inventory control
- Years of experience required for this positions: At least five years direct I.T. industry experience
- Knowledge of data center power system i.e. PDU, 120/240v would be helpful
- Knowledge of wire and cable management would be a plus
- Knowledge of IP-KVM would be a plus
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.