Customer Firmware Engineer - NVMe Products
3655 North First Street San Jose, California 95134 | Contract
Position Title: Customer Firmware Engineer – NVMe Products
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA.
We are currently looking for a Customer Firmware Engineer contractor to join our team in San Jose, CA. We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated engineer to develop and support our cutting edge NVM Express SSD products.
- Analyze, debug, and resolve firmware issues observed at domestic and international customer sites as well as at local and overseas development centers.
- Triage and root cause system, driver, and device interoperability issues at customer sites.
- Collaborate with core development teams to extract and analyze debug information and implement and deploy firmware patches.
- Assist customers by running or inspecting their tests at onsite locations.
- BS in Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, and 3 years of relevant experience in software or firmware or a MS Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- Have significant direct experience with drivers or firmware in a storage technology such as NVMe or PCIe, and SATA
- Strong experience in C/C++ for embedded systems is required.
- Hands on experience with UART/JTAG/ICE debuggers, firmware debugging and protocol analyzers, is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, as part of a local and globally distributed team.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation of technical information
- Open to frequent and possible extended domestic and/or international travel.
- Is comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity.
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.