Configuration Assurance Admin
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Configuration Assurance Admin
Position Description: Our client is seeking a Configuration Assurance Admin for an exciting contract role at their campus in Redmond, WA. Controls the configuration process ensuring all engineering changes are understood and accomplished in design transfer to production for the distribution of Product. May serve in a team lead capacity and lead projects related to configuration control processes and systems. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and is given general instructions on new assignments.
- Take ownership of new support cases via telephone, email and Web.
- Reviews and analyzes engineering change documents to determine requirements necessary to meet implementation schedules. This may include approving and reviewing documents, parts and BOM structures.
- Negotiates with other departments (e.g., design engineering, purchasing, quality, product line support, test engineering, and manufacturing engineering) to be sure all necessary requirements will be met for implementation schedules.
- Ensures that all changes are properly implemented and comply with regulatory and configuration policies.
- Develops and manages implementation schedule with Project Engineering. Conducts group status meetings to follow up on schedule commitments.
- Provides direction for configuration planning staff concerning engineering change implementation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree or high school diploma and equivalent combination of education and equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience in configuration control, or 5 years’ experience with a combination of a minimum of 3 years’ configuration control experience and equivalent production experience
- CMII Certification
- Excellent working knowledge of configuration management processes and practices
- Proficient in Word & Excel applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.