San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Computer Scientist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA.
The Subscription Lifecycle Services team provides core services to manage the subscription lifecycle of all customers - individual consumers, small to medium businesses and large enterprises. We are a highly energetic team working at a rapid pace of development. We are looking for a Senior Computer Scientist leader to join the Engineering Architecture team within SLS to build the new generation services. We are looking for an expert who can design, build and deploy secure, reliable and scalable services. You will need a deep understanding of modern cloud technologies and design patterns for building " always-up" services. The ideal candidate would be passionate about rapid development/deployment and can provide leadership to engineering teams on micro-services architecture. If you consider yourself an expert level developer, are paranoid about security and scalability, and have a sense of pride in the work you do then we want to talk to you.
What you' ll do:
- Work with the team which pioneered Adobe' s subscription platform
- Build scalable, high quality API end points
- Translate business requirements to architecture and technical specifications. Develop, unit test and ship high quality features based on these specifications
- 5+ years experience in building Java/J2EE based services
- 5+ years experience in working with RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres) on production environment, supporting complex, highly available applications
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Display a readiness to walk “ unchartered” territory with a deep sense of curiosity, appetite for risk and perseverance to solve problems
- Experience in development using various Web technologies.
- This position specifically targets the server side technologies and frameworks, mainly Java, Spring, MyBatis, etc.
- The position expects contribution towards all phases of SDLC, including integration test automation, operations, etc
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies and flair for building/exploring tools.
- Experience with tools like NewRelic, Log management tools like Splunk, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, ELB, S3 and RDS)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.