Cloud Sys Admin
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Cloud Sys Admin
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA
This is an exciting position reporting in to the Release Engineering team working directly with Digital Imaging Engineers designing world class software such as PhotoShop and Lightroom. This person will work in collaboration with IT in support of critical development equipment. They will maintain the software provisioning and configuration environment in AWS and Azure as well as physical machines.
- Maintain CHEF cookbooks provisioning new machines and maintaining upgrades and configurations
- Setup and manage Monitoring systems
- Develop backup and recovery procedures and policies
- Develop detailed run-books on internal wiki
- User Administration in AWS and Azure
- Install applications, define, customize work flows
- Manage the physical lab inventory and identification system
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a high volume Data Center as a System Administrator or other related role
- Expert experience in both MAC and WIN server operating systems
- Basic shell scripting skills in one or more bash, zsh, ksh, python, or perl
- Expert level experience in managing Configuration Management systems such as CHEF, AnSIBLE or PUPPET
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written language and the ability to concisely describe events to engineers in a team setting
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Experience with Cloud technologies, preferably in AWS and/or Azu
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate.