Cloud Security Analyst
San Ramon, California | Contract
Position Title: Cloud Security Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA
The Staff Cloud Security Analyst is Cyber functions as a Product Security Engineer that will directly support Predix Cloud wide initiatives in delivering Security solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for Security solution development across the business utilizing reference architectures, design patterns and technology standards to simplify global Cloud implementations than scale out, improve reliability and manageability, improve Cost to Serve. Additionally, you will be responsible for deploying the architected Cyber Security solutions in the AWS and Azure environments. You will also be developing\deploying the underlying IaaS components which the architected Cyber Security solutions will rely upon.
- You are a very strong hands-on Cloud security engineer who has a deep understanding of emerging technologies including Openstack, PaaS – Pivotal cloud foundry, Mesos, Docker container, Security, Software defined networks, Cloud integration technologies.
- You have experience selecting and deploying Encryption and Key Management, and Identity and Access Management solutions.
- You have experience deploying and integrating vulnerability assessment solutions in AWS or Azure environments.
- You have performed analysis, driven technical security assessments, monitored progress of major certification-based security initiatives.
- You have acted as a technical subject matter expert for cyber security, industry standards, and certification for our cloud environment and services.
- As a senior member of the team you will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, be involved in long-term planning, contribute to the overall cloud architecture, strategy, and manage complex issues within functional areas area of expertise.
- Effectively communicate and influences others toward moving to future state architectures and ensure project adherence during solution build and implementation
- Work closely with our Corporate Architecture team, Industrial Cloud architecture and Predix architecture team to ensure optimal design for application performance and availability
- Exercise in-depth knowledge of supported business process. Consult with the Program Management Office to ensure alignment and identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture to accommodate project needs, or vice versa
- Lead the hands-on deployment of AWS\Azure IaaS components necessary to support the Cyber Security deployment needs, as well as approved Cyber Security specific solutions in the Aws\Azure environment to support these efforts.
- Deploy and integrate vulnerability assessment solution in Azure environment.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for cyber security, industry standards, and certification for our cloud environment and services.
- Design, develop and deliver Encryption and Key Management solutions and Identity and Access Management solution for GE Predix platform.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering from an accredited college or university [M.S preferred] and/or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience of application design and architecture
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with deployment of cloud controls for infrastructure, platform, and applications (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS)
- AWS Certification is a plus
- Azure Certification is a plus
- Strong communications skill and technology evangelism skills
- Prior hands-on experience with a broad array of Infrastructure technologies, such as; compute, database, storage (Particularly in the software defined data center )
- Prior experience in architecting global, large-scale applications, which span multiple countries and business units
- Experience in cloud based solutions e.g. OpenStack, Mesos, Containers etc. .
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.