Mountain View, California | Contract
Position Title: Characterization Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Mountainview, California for an experienced Characterization Engineer. Characterization Engineer will be involved in supporting optics and display characterization and lab maintenance within the display team. You will work closely with engineering teams and functional teams such as IT, security, and facilities to build and maintain a successful lab environment.
- Expertise in optics test equipment (set-up and measurements) such as optical power meter, photo-diode, microscope, spectrometer, and LED/laser light sources.
- Expertise in electrical and electronic test equipment (set-up and measurements) such as high-bandwidth oscilloscope, logic/PCIE/USB analyzer, power supply, etc.
- Ability to write test programs for automatic data acquisition, analysis, and reporting. Experience with engineering and productivity software tools such as Labview, Matlab, JMP, Python, and MS office.
- Ability to debug board and test set-up issues
- Experience in providing lab support, i.e. familiar with lab materials, procurement process, general lab procedures, management of inventories, test-bench set-up, etc.
- Ability to provide innovative test solutions and fixtures
- Highly hands-on and be able to work independently
- Energetic and self-motivated. Good communication skills. Collaborative and strong team-work spirit.
- Work experience in Mechanical and/or Materials Engineering
- Knowledge in display engineering and color science.
- Soldering skills, scripting language.
- BS/MS in optics, physics, EE, or related experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.