Cassandra Cluster Operations Specialist - Scrum
San Ramon, California | Contract
Position Title: Cassandra Cluster Operations Specialist – Scrum
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA.
- Be responsible for efficient operations of multiple Cassandra clusters
- Ensure high availability of all of the Cassandra clusters
- Ensure quick turnaround to bring the Cassandra clusters back in operation in cases of production outage. Debug to identify root cause
- Tune Cassandra parameters for optimizing query performance
- Configure new & existing Cassandra clusters for optimum hardware usage
The ideal Cassandra Specialist will have:
- Skilled level expertise in design of one or more of Big Data infrastructure technologies like Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Apache Apex to meet business application system qualities and performance SLAs.
- Expertise in prevention, maintenance and recovery activities for 24x7 cloud based services built on big data technologies. Proven track record in delivering 5 9s uptime for services.
- A technical engineer, with extensive experience in solving challenging issues in high pressure environment
- Experienced with agile/iterative project methodology such as Scrum, preferably with experience using agile project management tools such as JIRA or Rally
- Excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, and welcomes challenges
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated the ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Background and experience in emerging technologies in cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and Microservices architecture
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools: New Relic, Nustar, Sensu, Nimsoft, Splunk and Logstash
- Working experience with Java applications, networking concepts, virtualized environments, continuous integration, deployment and monitoring tools
- Strong working experience with Java, Database and Unix/Linux and scripting skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other businesses
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and " behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.