COMPONENT ENGINEER 3
1050 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Position Title: Component Engineer 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Component Engineer 3 with our client located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Drive projects with suppliers to continually improve supply base business and manufacturing process performance to meet Intuitive Surgical’s requirements for supplier excellence using a collection of best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC, and negotiation•
- Select the right process and supplier for the part, considering long term fit and total cost of ownership
- Complete project/ part qualification deliverables including: Supplier pFMEA, Process Validations (IQ/OQ/PQ), Inspection Reports, Gage R&R, and Process Capability Analysis
- Work with suppliers to execute cost reductions, capacity improvements, and risk mitigation
- Manage supplier changes including manufacturing process changes, production optimization, facility changes, new equipment qualification, and new line validations
- Drive changes to ISI requirements as necessary by initiating and managing changes to specifications and drawings through the engineering change order process
- Own and drive to closure supplier variances from symptom through root cause analysis to corrective action, including careful CAPA/SCAR documentation
- Effectively prioritize and advance multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Clearly communicate project status to key stakeholders
- Build, own, and relentlessly pursue a vision for developing suppliers
- Understand proper level of documentation detail for tracking of actions and justification of decisions
- Generate key metrics for the team and suppliers, and continually drive for timely achievement of those metrics.
- In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess: •
- Minimum Education: BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years related experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Minimum 3 or more years related experience in Supplier Management and Development.
- Proven ability to lead teams to solve difficult technical and process problems
- Previous Medical Device manufacturing experience highly desirable
- Experience with the manufacture and/or design of machined metal components, metal injection molding, stamping, and welding.
- Deep understanding of materials as they relate to design and manufacturability preferred
- Experience with the manufacture and/or design of plastic injection molded components is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings and communicating technical information
- Significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel and Access and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP and Agile application software
- Sense of purpose combined with a strong ability to execute
- Excellent communication skills a must
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates