8226 Bracken Place SE Suite 100 Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Position Title: CNC Machinist
Position Description: Our client east of Seattle is looking to add a CNC Machinist for and exciting contract to hire opportunity. Candidates from novice to advance level experience will all be considered.
Machinists will perform a variety of machining operations such as milling, drilling, lathes, etc., on existing parts ranging from simple to complex in nature, working to very close tolerances.
- Performs setup and operation of a variety of prototypes, experimental, and existing products using conventional or CNC machines and tools. Setups range (depending on experience) from simple, to moderately complex, to extremely complex.
- Performs quality checks on work to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances using a variety of measuring devises and tools.
- Determines or assists in determining the sequence of operations, methods of setup, and machine tool programming.
- Interprets blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Determines or assists in determining machining, materials, or parts required to complete the job.
- Report discrepancies to lead and/or supervisor and make constructive suggestions that may improve production efficiency and profitability.
- Machines fixtures and tooling, as required.
- Depending on years of experience, may serve as a technical expert by troubleshooting technical problems.
Possible Job Responsibilities:
- May assist with manufacturing design of projects.
- May assist with weekly cycle counts.
- May assist in training and mentoring other machinists, as directed.
- May perform general assembly functions, as needed.
- May serve as back-up Machine Shop Lead, if required.
- Follows all company safety policies and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ability to work over-time, as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals, work instructions, and SDS sheets common to a machining/production environment.
- Possesses and maintains an understanding of the working qualities of various materials (experience with plastics and various metals highly preferred).
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and establish routines.
- Effective communication skills with coworkers and management.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills.
- Responds to change productively and handle other duties as required.
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Formal machining education (highly desired)
- Prefer some vocational schooling (within the trade) and/or lathe operator experience
- Varies; 1-10+ years machinist or equivalent trade experience
- Programming experience (CAM) highly preferred for advanced level candidates
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.