Hawthorne, California | Contract
Position Title: CAD Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hawthorne, CA
- Work with engineers to create 2D drawings from existing 3D models, applying established drawing specifications and standards
- Create engineering release forms and track the release
- Work closely with engineering procurement, development & project teams to resolve documentation issues during process equipment fabrication, assembly and deployment
- Provide support to test and manufacturing engineers creating fixtures and assembly jigs
- Update details of templates and drawing notes to have the latest information on the drawing
- 3+ years of working experience with drafting in CAD software
- Associate' s degree and experience in the field or in a related area
- Understanding and proper application of GD&T
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in high production volume industries such as consumer electronics, mobile phones or automotive backgrounds are preferred.
- Some exposure to the design of machined parts
- Familiarity of Mil specs for fasteners, inserts, and plating
- Working knowledge of NX8.5
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.