Business Intelligence Engineer
Hawthorne, California | Contract
Position Title: Business Intelligence Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hawthorne, CA
The successful candidate will be responsible for Enterprise Reporting Development starting with gathering and defining the initial requirements working diligently towards development, testing, implementation, and support. The successful candidate must also have the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical resources. This position will directly obtain and document reporting and analysis needs with business users and then translate those requirements into one or more reusable reports.
- Produce complex ad-hoc queries and reports using T-SQL, SSRS, and Tableau.
- Design and develop data extracts using SSIS.
- Gather user requirements and perform business analysis.
- Data Warehouse development.
- Develop detailed test conditions and test cases to ensure quality of queries and reports.
- Research and troubleshoot data questions.
- Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions and project planning.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years T-SQL query writing (MS SQL Server 2012 Enterprise)
- 3+ years business intelligence tool experience with SSRS, Tableau, SSIS and SSAS
- 3+ years of data analysis and requirements gathering
- As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing business processes
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.