Business Analyst 2 (Program Delivery)
Vancouver, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Business Analyst 2 (Program Delivery)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Vancouver, WA. This full-time Business Analyst 2 position will provide support to the Internal Organizational Delivery & Performance (TOII) group and the System Operations (TO) organization in the Transmission Service business line. The TOI office is responsible for planning, managing and leading programs, systems and work processes which are critical to the operational performance of day-to-day System Operations activities. The office supports management and coordination of compliance activities, projects, work portfolio priorities management, and reporting for Operations decision support. This position will assist with support of the organization’ s workload planning, tracking, and priorities decision coordination, including supporting scoping and requirements definition for a variety of business needs, including compliance standards implementations, process improvement projects, and delivery monitoring and reporting activities.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate TOII group compliance and work portfolio management activities and related information for visibility to work milestones and track deliverables. Create and maintain various tracking and decision-support views and tools for management oversight and prioritization activities.
- Maintain and coordinate information as needed in the Ops Workload Center and various SharePoint sites including development, population, and administration. SharePoint site updates may necessitate updates to other associated/related sites and/or systems.
- Assist project managers in planning, initiating, and facilitating assigned projects with project management implementation methods, as well as relating and communicating across organizations and their respective processes.
- Create / draft and prepare requirements and documentation for System Operations activities including projects, annual compliance self-certification, violation discovery and mitigation plan development / draft, as well as tracking all referenced documentation through to completion.
- Interview SME’ s to gather information on automated systems, system behaviors and work processes that support the reliable operation of system in support of and for incorporation into future state requirements.
- Coordinate with TO performance managers to verify project resource requirements.
- Facilitate documentation efforts concerning project requirements, process, and data specifications.
- Facilitate and support the following functions:
- Raise policy issues to the appropriate internal forum(s).
- Promote consistent understanding of the requirements across impacted stakeholders.
- Track key project milestones for development and implementation, elevating issues as needed to appropriate managers and/or leads.
- Facilitate tasks with SMEs in the execution of the Reliability Standards Implementation Plan (RSIPP) or other related projects (RSIPP is initiated when there is a potential compliance violation that needs to be researched).
- Schedule and facilitate post-implementation review meeting(s) with all functions to evaluate the project for positive and/or negative aspects such as schedule, funding, technicalities, etc. Produce a written post-commissioning report.
- Attend relevant meetings as assigned / requested; prepare / draft and distribute (management approved) meeting minutes and dashboard reports for TOII manager, SME’ s and other identified staff.
- Work with appropriate manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities for the System Operations Grid Change Portfolio, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and team members.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding assignment status and concerns with appropriate parties, including the manager and stakeholders.
- Assist PM and project team to develop / draft and recommend key project approach, goals and milestones, as well as with drafting deliverable documents, including: requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, project plans, change management plans, and project materials.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations that facilitate decision-making and that will enable key requirements of the project milestones to be met. This may include arranging, attending and facilitating decision-making sessions/meetings with management, executives and key stakeholders, including, drafting agendas, answering technical questions, and presenting information, options and recommendations for decision-maker consideration.
- Validate, and facilitate as necessary, the accurate interpretation of business requirements by business unit experts; and, that the management-approved business process flow is implemented consistent with the project plan. Alert appropriate manager / personnel of any concerns, obstacles and/or potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Evaluate and assess business process change impacts and recommend appropriate change mitigation plans and/or activities.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects/assignments (via MS Project, SharePoint and/or Access) to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project / assignment timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Associate’ s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field is preferred (Associates degree in applicable discipline can be substituted for 2 years required experience - see below).
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development or a closely related field is preferred (Bachelor’ s degree in applicable discipline can substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- Minimum Experience Required: This is a Level 2 position: 9-11 years work-related experience in the area of business analysis and/or project management, preferably with a Utility or governance function, is required without a degree. (7-9 years experience with an applicable Associates degree; 5-7 years experience with an applicable Bachelor’ s Degree) is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Access and MS Project is required.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with SharePoint, sufficient to: create/draft and develop sites, flows, links, libraries, directories, lists and views; edit existing site(s); and provide administration, maintenance and customization activities, perform updates, establish site permissions and a myriad other routine / standard site administration tasks is required.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office to include: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word is required. (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.