Battery Electrical Systems Engineer
2501 TX-121 #800, Lewisville, TX 75067 Lewisville, TX 75067 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct-hire Battery Electrical Systems Engineer opportunity with our client located in Lewisville, TX.
- Participate in a multi-discipline engineering team to develop, implement, and support high-voltage battery systems for use on heavy-duty commercial vehicles. Areas of focus include but are not limited to battery cell interconnects, high and low-voltage harness designs, BMS functionality, and high-voltage contactors/fuses/disconnects.
- Collaborate with internal software and powertrain engineering teams to optimize battery designs to meet overall electric vehicle performance targets.
- Utilize a standardized phase/gate product creation process to deliver high-quality engineering designs.
- Champion innovation through collaboration, personal initiative, and team motivation
- Provide engineering analysis and designs for expanding EV applications as customers adopt the technology into new market segments.
- Be the source of technical high-voltage system information to support design, manufacturing, and serviceability.
- Support rapid troubleshooting and problem resolution related to battery system scope of responsibility.
- Up to 20% of travel (domestic and international)
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field and 5 + years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of HV battery and control systems and their use in commercial applications.
- Experience in battery pack design and assembly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve timely objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally, ready to learn and make use of new processes and techniques. Be resourceful with a problem-solving approach.
- Willingness to be outgoing, and engaging, and demonstrated passion to deliver top-quality results.
- Salary Range: $106-$136k
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.