Backend Software Engineer
Seattle, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Backend Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington for an experienced Software Engineer:
- Recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- Write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++.
- Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Develop pragmatic solutions.
- Build flexible systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- Understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
- Recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of at least one other object oriented language such as C++, Ruby, Swift, or Objective C
- Knowledge of computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build and deployment processes, testing and operations
- Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills to facilitate efficient and effective interaction with peers and customers
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.