Seattle, Washington | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Backend Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Recognized as expert in field, knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices.
- Conducts the most complex and vital work critical to the organization.
- Works without supervision with complete latitude for independent judgment.
- May mentor less experienced peers and display leadership as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field) or 10-15 years of related work experience. Minimum of 10 years of experience with object-oriented application development in a Java environment.
- Design, develop and support eCommerce projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Lead eCommerce product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Experience with Search Engine Solr/Elastic Search
- Experience in cloud technologies
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.