Avionics Test Engineer
Hawthorne, California | Contract
Position Title: Avionics Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client for a talented Avionics Test Engineer to join their team for a contract role at their site in Hawthorne, CA.
- Responsible for development and execution of testing strategies for avionics hardware spanning PCBA board testing and defect detection, sensor/transducer verification, and full functional testing of an assembled unit
- Write Verification Test Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports against product requirements
- Work closely with Responsible Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Production Test Labs to ensure a testable product is being developed and influence design to increase product reliability and test coverage.
- Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection
- Develop requirements for test racks/ATEs to be deployed to Production working with Hardware Engineers to build and develop custom test equipment for integration
- Create automation software to interact with ATEs, Unit Under Test, instrumentation, and production systems to implement test plan in a fast-moving production environment
- Assist Responsible Engineers with setting specifications and test limit lines using statistical analysis of data and measurement uncertainty analysis
- Root-cause analysis of test failures and communicating recommended actions
- Develop modular, reusable test architectures for manufacturing test and engineering design verification
- Define and implement project plans, manage milestones and hold reviews to assure reliable test systems are delivered to production
- Expert with test equipment and measurement techniques to verify and validate product requirements
- Understanding of electrical schematics and electronics manufacturing to analyze and improve test coverage
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.