Audio Signal Processing Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Audio Signal Processing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
The team is seeking candidates for a contract Software Engineering position in audio and acoustics. This engineering role is in direct support of the audio research team working on research and implementation of new audio DSP technologies.
- Build a software framework to implement, debug and test new audio techniques
- Read, understand and implement established audio DSP techniques from academic papers
- Work with research scientists, acoustic engineers and research assistants to implement software framework for psychoacoustics user studies
- Implement audio dsp techniques in the area of spatial audio, adaptive noise cancellation, beamforming and other related problems.
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, acoustics or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience developing software for audio or dsp applications
- 3+ years of experience in C++ and MATLAB
- Advanced math skills and experience reading and understanding academic papers about audio, signal processing, data structures, and algorithms are strong pluses
- Experience in Python or Lua would be a plus
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.