Bellevue, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Antenna Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Bellevue, WA
- Design, analyze, and evaluate complete W-band (77-81GHz) antenna systems, combining a range of tools including full-wave solvers (HFSS), MATLAB models, analytical models, and experimental data.
- Perform theory-analytic studies of antenna elements, antenna arrays, digital & analog (and hybrid) beamforming techniques and use insights gained from previous work and relevant literature to identify paths to improve performance and manufacturability.
- Integrate with Manufacturing to support transition of research to concept prototypes through design for manufacture.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or Physics, with 4+ years designing commercial antennas.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or Physics, with 10+ years designing commercial antennas.
- Experience in designing, fabricating, and testing both single element (patch, dipole, PIFA, etc) and arrayed element (leaky-wave, slotted array, phased-array, etc) antennas at W-band. This should include understanding theory of operation, manufacturing options, challenges, and typical utilization scenarios.
- Solid grasp of existing mmW antennas approaches used in commercial automotive radar, including theory of operation, modeling and design, and manufacturing approaches.
- Understanding of the challenges and requirements of automotive radar applications and how these apply to the design of the antennas.
- Solid background in electromagnetics and antenna theory, with proven ability to innovate in the area of automotive W-band antennas design.
- Ability to work logically and efficiently in a fast-moving technical environment with tight milestone schedules.
- Strong scientific coding skills, including familiarity with MATLAB.
- Eligibility to handle export controlled data (ITAR, EAR)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.