15266 NW Greenbrier Pkwy Beaverton, OR 97006 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for ARM Engineer with our client located in Beaverton, OR.
- We need an Arm Developer experienced with various boot solutions, BSP, file systems and operating system’s drivers to design and implement an embedded firmware platform solution for various types of Arm-based systems. The firmware platform will need to include a boot solution for booting to an OS integrated into the same storage medium as the system firmware. And the solution also needs to offer firmware-based operating system APIs for customers to develop their own applications for specific markets. The ultimate goal will be replacement of an existing open-source boot solution, such as U-Boot or CoreBoot, with our ArmCore/Boot solution as part of an SDK.
- Design, develop, debug and support silicon and design-related hardware and software features for Arm devices, Linux, and other operating systems commonly used by Arm based systems. Work closely with team members to develop support for Arm SoCs and products, working with vendor SDKs and proprietary code development platforms.
- Power on new silicon products
- Develop extensions to existing open source bootloader (ex. U-Boot/CoreBoot) solutions
- Develop security wrapper for traditional U-Boot/CoreBoot solutions without Arm Trusted Firmware and Secure Boot support
- Design UEFI system solutions for reduced platform Arm products
- Integrate silicon reference code into our UEFI firmware code when available
- Integrate a simplified version of Linux OS as part of firmware
- Create BSP/driver for new devices
- Create APIs for customer to deploy their value-added application
- Debug hardware and firmware issues
- Support bug and security fixes through a product’s lifecycle
- Develop original code and solutions for customization and value-add features
- Work closely with internal engineers from silicon, core, QA and customer teams
- Work closely with silicon vendor for problem analysis and resolution.
- Having UEFI working experience at least 2+ years would be preferred
- 3+ years in a platform firmware development position
- Hand-on experience on Arm Trusted Firmware (or Trusted Firmware for A-profile), real code development experience on TrustZone will be a big plus.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, or • 5+ years in firmware or software development
- Working knowledge of ARM Cortex A processors
- Experience with Windows or Linux operating system kernel and/or driver development
- Ability to read and understand motherboard schematics
- Proficiency in C (Rust and C++ desirable)
- Strong debugging skills
- Must work well both with a team and independently
- Direct Hire
- Location: Beaverton, OR
- Salary Range: $120K-130K
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.