(REMOTE) Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Contract
Position Title: (REMOTE) Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting remote opportunity.
Do you like to make things that scale? Do you enjoy the challenge of debugging and improving those things when they are already at scale? Our team works with some of the biggest companies on the planet to develop, build and operate distributed systems with millions of simultaneous users, and deal with data sets whose growth rates start at petabytes/day.
- Design and implementation of a central logging architecture to support our cloud services
- Supporting Cloud platform services from architecture, through development, deployment and production operations
- Developing automation and orchestration to improve the deployment and management of our environments
- Developing and maintaining build platforms, automation engines, micro-services, and compute platforms
- Maintaining automated test suites using CI/CD tools
- Participating in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities
- Advising management on service onboarding strategies and execution
- Entrepreneurs who seek the kinds of challenges that scare most people! " Yeah, I did that!"
- Creativity, initiative, and acute attention to detail
- Thirst for innovation and solving problems at lightning speed
- Passion for automating everything
- Obsession with software scalability and performance
- Love for using and contributing to open-source software
- Please bring to the table:
- Development experience, comfortable working in multiple languages at once (Python, GoLang a plus)
- Experience in large scale operations environments
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix development or systems administration
- Experience working in collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc)
- 5+ years of application development
- Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus
- 2+ years of experience with networking systems and technologies
- Deep understanding of network performance and security, IPv6 experience a plus
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and implement required automation
- Configuration Management tools experience with SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or CFEngine
- Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment – distributed systems, capacity planning, continuous deployment
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience (advanced degrees preferred)
- Experience leading teams a plus
Opportunities to work with and learn:
- Apache Mesos and Mesos frameworks
- NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra)
- HDFS and OpenTSDB
- Relational database technologies at large scale (e.g. Postgres)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.